Titans of Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titans of Earth

Superheroes I guess.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blackbird: Poison

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

Blackbird: Poison Empty
PostSubject: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:45 am

Blackbird: Poison Latest?cb=20160401202041
Blackbird #1
Chicago, Illinois
January 2007

Last edited by BronzyisBad on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 2:28 pm

Blackbird: Poison Supreme-Power-Vol-1-4-Textless-25f1c
Blackbird
January 15th, 2007
11:44 PM

Snow crunched beneath the dark boots crossing over the rooftop as bright yellow eyes stared down toward the warehouse. A solitary sigh came drom the dark mask behind the goggles, breath visible and it slowly slinked up into the sky. Blackbird crouched on the edge of the building's top, looking down at the nearby warehouse. The windows were few and far between, but the lights were on and it seemed like business was going. One of Made Man's places? He'd chased the trail of dead addicts and cowardly dealers to here, and this is where he thought the coke line might end. He rappelled down to the street using his grapple gun, before he made his way into the small industrial estate where the warehouse lay, ducking around alleyways and dark corners. There were a couple of guards posted around, but they didn't seem that dangerous. New boys without a piece or even a stick to defend themselves with. Not there for anything but looking tough, and sometimes that was enough.

He eventually reached the fence around the warehouse, climbing onto it and using the extra height to leap up onto the edge of the place's roof, hoisting himelf up and moving quietly across. Wasn't many entrances, but...these panels weren't all that secure. He applied enough strength on a pull of one to manage to yank it off without much noise, placing it gently aside as he looked down, the harsh and staring goggles watching the various men shuffle around carrying large plastic bags. That wasn't fake snow in there, not that you'd need it with Chicago's weather. He lowered himself down onto the thin-beamed rafters above the single light source of the place, quietly sliding the roof panel back into place.

Blackbird silently creeped along the beams, now above the single large bulb that dimly lit the place as he continued to stare a hole into the traffickers below, though it wasn't the same staring others were so fond of. Motherfuckers. His fist clenched as he thought of the people dead from this toxin they were flowing through the streets. Of Tanisha McDonald, the 'just a hooker' that was leaving behind a son. Blackbird got the feeling he might meet him again in this line of work in about 20 years, if he was still alive then. No more. Got to cut off the Scorpion's tail. He reached down, one of his knives easily slipping into his hand. He reached up with his other and adjusted his goggles, the brightness of the eyes seeming to dim while the knife slashed through the cable holding the bulb in place, a smashing of glass the single noise the men below heard before the place went pitch black. Lock the door, prevent escape. There's got to be a leader, a Lieutenant. Always is. Find out who Made Man is. He did just that, leaping down and jamming it shut as there was panic and confusion around him.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie

Pinkie

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 3:42 am

The approach to the warehouse was a dark one, hardly patrolled, and filled with cover. A quick survey reveals to supreme senses that there are few patrols in this approach, those that are are fraught with the fresh meat, the first timers, unarmed and barely alert. All typical Americans, one wearing clothing fresh from the laundry, another who spilled cheap liquor on his about four days ago, and this is only what the smell tells. They are easy to subvert. Climbing onto the roof and in through a loose roofing panel, Blackbird finds himself in the primary room of the warehouse, in the rafters above the large area. Bellow would be an assembly line of tables and workers, not so much a production plant as a packing one. It would seem that from here shipments of coke make their way to the dealers of the city, and eventually into the bodies of addicts and the disheveled masses of Chicago. Many non-combatants are bellow, those packaging the product and working the line. All unarmed, more than a few with fast beating hearts and sweaty skin, they're nervous even to just be here. Besides them, there are a handful of guards. These are more heavy security than those outside, eleven thugs, nine armed with handguns and three with sub machine guns. Being a warehouse intended for storage, there isn't much in the way of layout within the building. Besides the main room, there is a large observation room/office on the opposite side of the warehouse up a short flight of stairs. It's more difficult to detect the contents of this room past the noise and smells from the assembly line bellow, but focusing for a moment cuts through the static.

Within that room, several flies congregate around a two day old slice of rotting left out pizza, a cheap light bulb buzzes, nearing it's expiration, and a man argues with someone on the phone. He's a slightly older man, somewhere in his thirties, he wears a new pressed suit, black, judging by the smell of the clothing dye, he's armed with a pearl gripped Colt 1911 Government Model in 10mm, but most important, he's a Sicilian judging by his accent. Common lore on the street is that Made Man wiped out the Italian mob when he hit the scene in the 80's, but made a pact with some of the elite businessmen of that mob to join him or die. If anyone is the boss in this place, it's that guy. The phone argument is inconsequential, something about missed deadlines or some such, though the Sicilian is the one threatening whoever else is on the phone. Without any cover between Blackbird and this mobster, there is only one viable approach. A few cut wires and the single light illuminating the room goes out, everything is dark. The production line is halted and the blinded guards bellow go on alert, raising their weapons.

"Hey, hell happened to the lights?"

"I dunno' man, I didn't touch shit."

"Shit... Hey, none of you fuckers on the line move until we sort this. I see anyone out of their chair, you're fuckin' dead before you can even feel sorry about it."

The time to act is now, dead bolting the large front door of the warehouse leaves no avenue for reinforcements, or escape...

"The hell was that?"

"What?"

"I swear I heard something"

"Shut the fuck up, probably just the breakers going funny again."
Back to top Go down
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 11:30 am

Blackbird
January 15th, 2007
11:49 PM

Blackbird felt all that was going on in the room as he focused, as though he was reaching out and touching. It was difficult to devise a quick plan with eleven armed men, but panic and the nervousness of the various men on the line meant their calmness would erode real quick, if he had anything to do about it. He moved quietly across the rafters and silently dropped down in a corner of the room. More dangerous weapons first. He crouched around, moving around a large box one of the men with a submachine gun stood next to, his arm wrapping around the man's throat as his other synched with his hand at the bicep, the fingers of that hand pressing on the man's as he kicked his legs out from behind him, causing him to fumble and drop his weapon as he was dragged behind the large box and choked out, left unconscious behind it. Blackbird knew it wasn't going to be as simple as being able to just wake him up from the state, which may contribute to the panic. He quickly got his hands on the weapon, disassembling it in seconds, his old training coming back to him as he left it in pieces.

He quickly did the same for the second man, wrapping his whole arm around the man' neck and bending him back into a reverse facelock as he used his other hand to yank away the man's weapon. He did not hide him as well intentionally, disassembling his weapon as well. The third man was next as Blackbird creeped up behind him, a good distance from his fellows. He was able to disarm the man, but he was more on guard than expected, and had a second to cry out before he was knocked unconscious quickly from strikes to the temple, Blackbird grappling up into the rafters once again with a hold on his weapon. He disassembled it up there, leaving the parts up on the rafters as he knew the bodies would be seen now, as was his intent.

Might panic. Old boy over there might come out and start screaming. Stupid fucks might even blame each other. Lot of guns to defend this poison, though. Made Man's no joke. Just paranoid? Or does he have competitors? Blackbird's eyes narrowed at the thought. He pondered over how many super-criminals might be under this guy's control. What connections he might have. Does he know about me? He had to accept that as a likely possibility, though he hadn't had anyone sent after him yet. He quietened down, listening for heartbeats and panic or whispering conversations. Only one that he really needed was the boss - he'd avoid anyone's death if possible, but nine handguns made that a bit more tricky.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie

Pinkie

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:25 pm

There is no sound.

At least from the perspective of the thugs abound, the killers with red on their hands and their boots on the throat of this city, choking it with extortion and sedating it with drugs at the same time. The first submachinegunner goes down without ever really knowing what was happening. The second befalls much of the same fate only seconds later, the combined noises in succession rousing attention from the remaining men.

"Fuck's that?! Hey, who's out there!"

"I told you, if any of you stand up, I'm gonna put you on the fuckin' ground with six shots in the ass!"

"No man! This didn't sound like that!"

By the time the third man is dealt with, the leader above exits his office, throwing open the thin door with a clatter. His accent is even more obvious as he shouts across the warehouse.

Sicilian: "We don't have time for this shit! Find the problem, and fix it, before I decide you're the fuckin' problem, and fix you!"

"Yeah, on it."

A change in the air is felt, the room becomes only slightly warmer on such a minuscule level that nobody could notice, followed by a soft hum and the sound of electricity, a flashlight. With the light, one of the pistol thugs first sweeps the very frightened workers before shining his light to the edges of the warehouse. The light catches a glimmer of polished metal, which the thug focuses on.

"The hell?"

The light pans up from the disassembled MP5 to the unconscious body of a higher ranking thug, it's shortly followed by the sound and feeling of more flashlights turning on, about five of the remaining nine are equipped with lights which illuminate the majority of the warehouse, although leaves gaps.

"Fuck! We got a body here! It's Vic!"

Sicilian: "What, is e'dead?"

"Nah, he's out cold though... His gun's all, taken apart."

"I got another one over here! Donny is out cold! Fuck man, how'd this happen? His gun is all fucked too."

"Marcus too!"

Sicilian: "|Whoa whoa whoa, how many of their are you left? Nine? e'took out our fuckin' big guns... Sweep the fuckin' area, if you find fuckin' anbody standing who aint onna' us, you put lead through his fuckin' skull, got it? No pussy shit, no hesitation. That clear?"

The rest of the room responds a few at a time.

"Yeah, boss."

The remaining thugs go on alert patrol mode, searching about the ground level of the warehouse.

"Jesus, I hope this aint that bird freak".
Back to top Go down
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Blackbird
January 15th, 2007
11:52 PM

It didn't take long for the flashlights to come out. Better equipped than usual. Must've shelled out a lot more than typical. Blackbird didn't seem to panic though, as he simply waited. Until a good group of five were moving together. Then, he reached down to his belt, pulling out a small pellet. He pressed on it and threw it down in the middle of the men with force, leaping down as it did. Smoke exploded from the pellet and engulfed the men, causing terrible coughing and lack of vision. Blackbird grabbed the nearest man to him's arm with the hand that was holding his weapon. Within seconds he had straightened it out and brought his own forearm down on it in the middle, bending and breaking it as the man yowled in pain, Blackbird's leg extending out and kicking him in the ribs, knocking him to the ground and forcing the air right out of him. He quickly moved to the next man, who was caught off guard, but still struggled. Blackbird kicked into his leg hard enough to cause a crack, breaking his leg and forcing him onto one knee.

The goon had made enough noise to alert his friend behind the dark figure, who turned to try and get a better look. Not willing to allow it, Blackbird simply brought his elbow up and back as it collided with the man's nose, causing an explosion of blood from his face he fell to the ground, unconscious. Blackbird had the other man's arm straightened out, stepping over it and lowering him further as he straddled his arm, the smoke beginning to clear. Blackbird realized the two last men would be able to see him once it had, and he grabbed ahold of the man's hand and fingers, manipulating it to make him fire off two shots toward his friends, one catching a knee and the other hitting the last man's shoulder. Blackbird gripped his wrist again, bringing it up so his own weight in the middle of the arm caused it to snap; he quickly followed up by kicking his boot up backwards into the man's face, knocking him cold as the smoke dissipated.

Blackbird dashed and dodged around the warehouse, flashlights getting full view of him as he narrowly avoided bullets. He was fast enough that some seemed unable to keep up with him, and soon after he seemed to have disappeared again, actually having retreated to on top of the small office that the Sicilian had been occupying previously. He kept the number of available gunmen in his head, plotting his next move and waiting to see how the supposed gangsters react from here. Boss resembles Tommy Faraci. Old Sicilian top guy in the 80's before Made Man came on the scene. Might be him, might not. I'll ask him later.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie

Pinkie

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 10:36 am

"Alright, you five with me, the rest of you, stick around, watch the workers, don't let shit sneak up on you."

A group of five armed thugs break off from the pack and make their way down the warehouse in a loose formation, looking just about everywhere, except up. An audible pop then the fizzle of smoke and the men are engulfed in a gray, choking haze, flashlights shining through the cloud. The rest of the warehouse turns it's attention to the ball of smoke, weapons raised, but nobody shoots. Shouts of agony and struggle emit from the cloud, followed by two gunshots and a solid 'whump!' noise. When the smoke rests, five men lay on the ground, either unconscious or well on their way to being there, and a sixth standing above them. There is a short moment of silence as the thugs stare down the yellow eyed black mask before them in full view of two flashlights, too long to be comfortable for the Sicilian.

Sicilian: "What are ya' doin'?! Shoot the fuck!"

A hail of small arms fire erupts from the four remaining mobsters, but the man in the mask before them is far too fast for any average shooter. Light flashes through the warehouse as gunfire and flashlights rapidly follow him through his evasive maneuvers, but eventually loose him in the forest of boxes and rafters. Once again after the building is silent, and two flashlights scan the area, now looking above as well.

"I lost him!"

"Me too! How'd he fuckin' do that?!"

Sicilian: "You four, are fucked. Fucked in the FUCKIN' HEAD if you think any of you are gonna exit this building alive if this freak gets outa' here! Find him! I gotta' make a fuckin' call..."

The Sicilian angrily paces back into his office, slamming the door. It's flimsy locking mechanism can be heard, followed by the sound of blinds as he lowers them in vain over the windows of the office. He pulls out his phone, and begins to dial a number whilst flashlights search the building again, one just barely scraping over the top of the office on which Blackbird resides, only slightly missing him.
Back to top Go down
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:23 am

Blackbird
January 15th, 2007
11:55 PM

Too close. Watch the flashlights. Blackbird considered his options, plans and possibilities running through his mind. There weren't any other armed assailants in there other than the four he saw and the Sicilian below him; any others in the building were unarmed and used for ferrying the coke he saw earlier. Might've even been just slaves. He seemed to have an idea cross his mind as he saw the men slowly group together and stick close, as though forming a four man circle to watch for his approach. They may have been mobsters, but they didn't seem like old guard, and if he didn't have to kill them, there wasn't much of a point. He reached down to one of his pouches, pulling out a small cylindrical grenade. Stinger grenade. Like fragmentation, but with rubber. Bluetooth can complain later.

He pulled the pin, and the cylinder went flying. It clinked quietly inbetween the various men, going off before they could get away from it, likely being struck by the rubber 'shrapnel' and being incapacitated via pain or concussion. Either way, Blackbird held still. He knew the Sicilian was still beneath him, and may have not actually realized where the grenade came from with how dark it was. He decided to first listen in on this phone call, crouching low on the roof as he listened, and thoughts continued to pester him. Who the hell is Made Man? Where does he operate? Can't take the risk that this bastard might know, I have to find out. The big cheese probably has Great White, Phoenix, other 'supers' in his pocket. He winced at the thought of what could come of people victimized by just those two, nevermind their compatriots.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie

Pinkie

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 11:50 am

The rubber grenade explodes, sending mobsters and workers alike sailing back. Those workers who are not in the immediate danger zone break their orders and duck for cover, scurrying away. When the dust settles, the remaining mobsters are down, along with three of the workers. By now loud banging can be heard on the locked door, as the unarmed thugs from outside try to get in. Focusing through this noise, Blackbird hears what happens in the room bellow him. Metal sliding against leather, a mechanical click, the faint smell of sweat on steel, the Sicilian has drawn his pistol, moreover, he's nervous. He paces away from any of the windows in his room, holding his pistol in front of him, just as the call goes through. The man on the phone is Irish, Northern Irish, from somewhere around Ballymena, judging by his accent.

???: "What now, Tommy?"

Tommy: "He's here man, fuckin' Blackbird is here. Shit's real this time, he hit one of the processing spots."

???: "It /just/ him?"

Tommy: "Who the fuck else would be here?"

???: "...Good luck, Tommy."

Tommy: "The fuck do you mean?"

???: "I mean you're on you're own, Tom. Nobody can help you now but yourself."

The call is ended, and clearly Tommy is not pleased. He slings his phone onto the floor with vigor and shouts.

Tommy: "That mic fuck! Alright you freaky bastard, I know you can hear me! So why don't we settle this like men!"
Back to top Go down
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 12:21 pm

Blackbird
January 15th, 2007
12:00 AM

Blackbird listened quietly, taking note of the accent, the voice and where it could be from. It sounded older, Northern Irish. The Irish Mob being under Made Man's 'umbrella' seemed even more likely. He almost smirked as he heard the Sicilian beneath him trying to taunt him into his sights. He could feel the weakness of the roof below him, and he moved above his target's location standing still for a moment as he suddenly punched through and reached with both hands, smashing a large hole in the wall as he grabbed the Sicilian by the throat and his wrist, forcing the gun away from himself. He actually hoisted the man up through the hole and held him in front of his face, intense yellow eyes staring into the well-dressed man's own. Blackbird was unmoved as gunshots went off from the pistol next to him, going up past him and toward the roof. "If you insist."

He yanked the man's weapon from his hand and used his other around his throat to toss him, landing him onto another part of the roof as it collapsed beneath his weight and the force, sending him onto the floor of the office. Blackbird dropped down in front of him, making sure he was between the Sicilian and the phone. He would scour that later. He raised the man's handgun, before emptying the magazine out of it and pulling back on it, the bullet in the chamber ejecting as he caught it, quickly flicking it away. Within seconds, he had disassembled the weapon, and dropped the pieces in front of the Sicilian.

Blackbird cracked his neck from side to side, still seeming to stare unblinkingly at the man. "Who is Made Man, and where is he?" He figured he'd make the first question easy. If Tommy here wanted a fight, he'd gladly give him one. He would enjoy it, too. Maybe more than he should. He continued to stare a whole through the man, completely unflinching in his stance.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie

Pinkie

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 12:38 pm

Whoever built this warehouse didn't do a very good job. Cheap sheet metal, even cheaper construction. The man is hoisted up and through the roof whilst struggling, kicking and flailing his legs in the grip, dumping three shots into the ceiling before the monster taunts him and tosses him back through the roof onto the floor. He wasn't quite sure when, but somewhere along the way Tommy lost his gun. Through the pain in his back and his momentarily dazed vision, he spies Blackbird take it apart in seconds and toss it away, raising his hands to the man in a surrendering manner.

Tommy: "Agh! Alright, alright, I get the idea man... No need t'do anything, dramatic..."

The mobster adjusts himself a bit, hands still held out, though he props himself up a slight bit against the wall. Something rustles in his coat pocket, metal and plastic, tensed energy, a bit of compressed air, something spring loaded.

Tommy: "But uh, thing is... I dunno that. Heh, uh, nobody does."
Back to top Go down
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 12:55 pm

Blackbird
January 15th, 2007
12:03 AM

Blackbird remained still, not saying a word as the man in the suit struggled in a dazed mannner to his feet. He clearly wasn't sharing the nervous laugh of the man in front of him, as he stared down toward him and seemed to keep eye contact, the goggles on his face that resembled a large bird-like eye giving no indication of a single blink. He focused, hearing and almost feeling what rustled around his the man's pocket. His brow furrowed beneath the mask, clearly not the amused sort.

He sighed, as though the man's reluctance to say anything was just an inconvenience. "Yeah. Yeah, you do." He stepped a little closer, figuring that the Sicilian would be anxious to go for his backup weapon - he'd seen the state of his men in the smoke and if he thought he stood a chance in a fist fight, Blackbird would gladly take that. "Because, if you don't, I'm going to use that knife in your coat pocket to slice your fucking nose off and shove it so far up your ass you can smell what you had for breakfast a week ago." He continued stepping close, as though uncaring about the knife he seemed to know of, though he was prepared for it. "Ten seconds."
Back to top Go down
Pinkie

Pinkie

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Tommy backs up a step against the wall, clearly with nowhere to go. He's clearly not the type to be intimidated easily, but he's clearly not stupid either. He'd gingerly hold open half of his coat, and indeed what is in the inner pocket there is a switchblade. He'd gingerly take the blade out, holding it by only two fingers as a sign of submission. Rapidly things switch from 10 to 100 as the Sicilian firmly grips the knife and jabs it at Blackbirds gut as he nears. He's fast, very fast, fast enough that he would have probably stabbed most people in this situation. In a split second the blade of the weapon is extended from the handle and at full length, though Blackbird had plenty of warning before hand. The tensing of the man's muscles, a skip in his heart beat, the sound of the knife sliding across his palm as he gripped it properly.
Back to top Go down
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 8:46 pm

Blackbird
January 15th, 2007
12:03 AM

Always the same thing with wiseguys. Doesn't matter. He's just making it harder on himself. Blackbird had felt his unusual pattern of sweat and the tensing of his muscles, the strange movement and dilation of his eyes. He wasn't about to get the drop on him, and he could fault him for trying. Blackbird moved at a speed beyond what the mobster could really respond to; he was suddenly at the side of him, and with his arm already straightened out, Blackbird got a grip on his wrist and shoulder, controlling the movement of his body as he spun him to the side and down, smashing the bridge of his nose off the side of a nearby table, forcing him on to his knees with the pain. He spun almost gracefully around the man's arm and used the momentum to grab ahold of his head and drive his knee into his face, knocking him back into a slumped position against the wall. He'd be conscious. In a lot of pain, but conscious nonetheless.

Blackbird reached down slowly, his fingers slipping around the switchblade on the floor that had fallen from the Sicilian's hands. He seemed to hold it in front of his gaze, spinning it as he seemed very dextrous and familiar with this sort of weapon. The blade gleamed under the dim light of the office which had surprisingly stayed where it was, the intimidating dark figure slowly stepping toward the man in the suit as he gripped the blade a little harder. "Now." He stopped just in front of the man, the blade inches from his face as he moved closer. "Let's talk."
Back to top Go down
Pinkie

Pinkie

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Tommy Talked, in his own convoluted way, explaining events loosely through tales of hearsay and personal experience, everything he knew about the Made Man.

Before 1982 Chicago was run by the Italian mob since the days of Al Capone, and within a span of six months, Made Man had ended that dynasty spanning sixty years. This isn't news. Made Man is legend on the streets of Chicago, his triumph over the Italian mafia and the subjugation of the rest the meat of the story. Nobody knows exactly how he did it, and few from inside the Italian mob survived the war. And here, one of those very mobsters who had seen it first hand was talking. Bluetooth was right about this place, "a trove of poison and truth" he called it. For the six months that war raged in Chicago, nobody in the Italian mob even knew who they were fighting. The attacks were so fast and spread out, carried out almost daily that the mob could do nothing besides try to hold the line. Illegal money printing operations went up in smoke, drug stockpiles were consumed by fire, the slaves of human trafficking set free. By the end of October 1982, the mob's own headquarters was attacked, and the infamous Capone mansion burnt down. All the while, nobody in the city or the mob knew who, or what was doing this. A month later, an individual came forth whom called himself the Made Man, and took claim. Of course, no one ever saw the made man. The closest anyone had been was a phone call, but he had his methods. People under his authority rounded up the remains of the mob, about twenty six or so gangsters and gave them the option to toss out their thirst for vengeance, and to take on a new boss. Out of the twenty six, five said no and were shot on the spot. After, the remaining twenty one opted to join the new gang, taking up the positions of Lieutenants in the mob. Just as they had organized the Italian mob, they now did the same for the new mob. An inner circle was formed, those being the only ones whom were allowed to see or speak with Made Man, and those whom ensured his orders were carried out. The circle was made of twelve members, modeled after the Knights of the Round Table of old legend. Each was known by their knight name, and on rare occasion their own name, and were essential in the subjugation of the remaining mobs. Members of the round table came and went, but as the remaining mobs were taken in in a sort of crime empire, their own leaders always had a seat at the round table. Of made man, this was all Tommy knew. He had heard his voice once when he was offered to join the new mob or die, but beyond that, he only ever dealt with 'higher ups' in the hierarchy of the mob. Tommy's primary contact was one woman, Harmona Claudia, another remaining member of the Italian mob, also known as 'Sir Kay' as a member of the Round Table. Claudia was responsible for commanding and overseeing the entire drug operation of Chicago as one of the many business arms of the mob. The drug trade, being the most lucrative of the business ventures in the city, was operated entirely by Made Man's own mafia, rather than one of the others such as the Russians or Chinese. Even the full extent of the drug trade was unknown to Tommy, but what was is the fact that the product entered the city via the docks, specifically Pier 12, and was sometimes shipped in from Detroit across the great lakes. This was everything that had been squeezed out of Tommy, and what was left of the man too resembled a dried sponge. Beaten, bloodied, but alive at least.

January 16th, 2007
10:00 PM

Night again, back to work. During the day, Bluetooth tracked down the company which owns Pier 12, a small time shipping and distribution company called Manuel Freight and Light Transport. It's owner, Louis Manuel, had been listed dead since 1995 in everything besides official company records and shipping manifests. The Harbormasters own freight list showed Pier 12 to be taking in 'domestic goods' from ports across the Great Lakes, including Detroit. It was also listed as a private dock under security, more than suspicious for a warehouse company.
Back to top Go down
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Blackbird
January 16th, 2007

A solitary figure watched from a nearby rooftop, though he was more listening than anything. When Blackbird was still, and focused, he could hear all kinds of things at long-distance. He could pick out different conversations, footsteps, the various noises from around the dock giving him clues as to what he could expect. He listened for the rustle of weapons in men's pockets, the clicking of holsters, or perhaps there wasn't anyone armed here tonight. He wouldn't have to be so quiet, if that were the case. But there was bound to be some kind of leader here - he doubted it was Claudia. Progressive times or not, he didn't think a bunch of mobsters would let some italian broad, no matter how intimidating she may be, be known as their head. Whether she actually ran the show, there'd be a figure he could take that would shake the morale of the others. One of the twenty-one, or some kind of ex-military. It was always something like that. Chicago's sentinel sighed, realizing how much time had passed as he waited here. Finch is late. Again. Well, whatever. The kid could catch up later, there was work to do.

Blackbird made his approach, staying on ground level this time as he slinked around the nooks and crannies of the dock. He was easily faster than these wiseguys, and too many of them relied on their sight, anyway. He got closer to what he thought was the central office; it looked important enough. Crouching behind a box, he listened. For anyone approaching, any kind of voice or notable noise. He still wondered about the man with the Irish accent. He didn't sound like he had been in Chicago long. There was usually a way to tell between a real Irishman and a Chicago Irishman, at least for someone who really listened. He had himself a plan, a roadmap so to speak; each 'Knight' had to be dealt with, they likely operated independent of each other. It was going to be a long time before Made Man's stink was off this city, but he would wash it clean if it killed him. It just might.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie

Pinkie

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 1:59 pm

" Finch is a no show."

Bluetooth's voice is heard over the in-ear headset inside Blackbird's mask.

"He got stuck up handling some petty crime on the way. You know how he is."

Pier 12 is a larger facility housing multiple smaller docks, three to be exact. Surveillance from the outside reveals that the middle dock is currently housing a small cargo ship which is currently being unloaded by dock workers. Besides the fence and barbed wire, the place looks like a normal dock, workers in their blue and yellow vested uniforms scattered around the area, going about their work. Bypassing the fence isn't hard, and once past it Blackbird makes his way through the stacks of cargo containers ready to be shipped out in trucks. Sensing through their thick steel walls is at first difficult, but reveals nothing of interest. Outdated TV sets, construction materials, bulk loads of every day goods, typical moving freight for a dock like this.

"So, no idea on who Irish is. There's hundreds of Irishmen in the city, but from what I can tell, none of them are new. Whoever your guy is, he's an ace at keeping a low profile."

The Chicago Irish mob was the oldest organized mob in the city, and probably in the entire mid west and east coast. They had roots in American history dating back before the Civil War, and were a blood line all their own. The fact that they retained their accent after nearly two hundred years of cultural immersion was testimate enough to that. Their own slightly different version of the accent unique to their clan, undetectable by most. But the man on the phone, his was different, fresh. Fresh off the boat fresh.

"But, I did some digging on our line light girl. Sir Kay, better known as Harmona Claudia, or Momma Claudia. She's got a few screws loose... Y'know how Made Man's guys usually at least have their head on right? Not, y'know, actually insane? Yeah, not her. Born 1958, aged 49, married into the Italian Mob at age 23 in 1981 to one Anthony 'Buster' Talone. Well, Buster got clipped a year later when Made Man took a sledge hammer to the Italian mob. As legend goes, Momma Claudia was not having any of that shit. She single handedly took a flamethrower to the entire drug trade Made Man put together after he nestled into the seat of power. As in literally, a flamethrower, she burned people alive. Somewhere along the way she snapped, and eventually got caught. For some reason or another, instead of getting knocked off Made Man set her on rebuilding the business she torched. He must have some strings on her, one way or another. All that's certain is that she is off her rocker, the sort've person to stab you in the hand as soon as shake it. She's got such a rep that what's left of the Italian mob doesn't challenge her for her chair. Last guy that tried reportedly had his hands and feet chopped off, while being burnt alive, while hanging upside down, by some not so friendly locations."
Back to top Go down
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Blackbird: Poison A1dj7nl
Blackbird
January 16th, 2007
10:05 AM

Petty crime, he says. Blackbird didn't respond to the voice in his ear as he stayed hidden behind crates, slipping around the corner of it unseen while another worker passed by. He stayed quiet, listening carefully to all the information Bluetooth put down to him. The guy had been a useful contact ever since he'd been given his details, and he felt like someone trustworthy; it didn't mean he got to know who Blackbird really was or too many details about him, but he was trustworthy enough, anyway. For all his good traits, he was someone that an enemy could 'get' to. For that reason, he couldn't know. The closer he was, the more danger Bluetooth would be in. Good to keep him at a healthy distance.

Blackbird kept up his approach, slinking through the shadows as he listened to the footsteps and conversations of all nearby workers, whether potential wiseguy, gangster or hapless workman. His senses being that much more sensitive meant he had to get a lot better at managing and interpreting them; all of Bluetooth's info on this Claudia came through as loud and clear as every other sound around him, something he'd gotten very good at. "Nice customer, then." There's always one 'crazy' one in every outfit. There's a guy who fancies himself the boss, usually ends up offed by the actual boss in the case of criminal outfits, the brute, the conniver, the crazy one...every single group. Not that Made Man's outfit was exactly typical.

He moved right up to the central office of the pier, opting to get on top of it as he climbed his way up the apparatus surrounding it, leaping over and quietly rolling as he hit the roof. There was bound to be a roof-bound entrance somewhere, and if not then there'd be windows. For now though, he stopped, placing his hand to the roof as he just crouched and listened, trying to pick out voices, conversations or movements, anything noteworthy or of interest to him from inside the building.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie

Pinkie

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 10:11 am

The place seems oddly normal. Unarmed dock workers go about moving boxes full of every day goods, no guns or drugs to smell, aside from one particular worker who's carrying a baggie of pot in his shirt pocket, something liable to get him fired. Through the roof, Blackbird is able to detect a number of things. The office entrances are locked, both the front door and the roof access. The office is three stories, the top story seems to be reserved for a sort of lounge, the faint smell of cigarette smoke and cocaine from inside it, a lingering one rather than from a fresh source. On this level there is as well a corner office with two large windows. Inside here is a man, wearing a finely tailored suit, sitting in a chair. He seems to be listening to someone on the phone, another man with a local accent explaining to him the attack on one of their distribution warehouses, and that he needs to upgrade his security. There is at least one gun, an older revolver sitting on his desk, only detectable due to the smell of black powder on it. Detecting anything more from the room is difficult, as it is thick with flavored cigar smoke, altering the temperature, texture, and smell of the air in the room, making the picture muddy. The first and second floors are both typical freight offices, part of the operation's false front.
Back to top Go down
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 10:32 am

Blackbird
January 16th, 2007
10:10 AM

There wasn't much that stood out for him, except for the guy in his office. He slowly got down to a crawling position, the claws in his gloves extending as he began to slowly crawl down the side of the building. He stuck his claws inbetween the hand and footholds he could use, his head appearing upside down at the top of the window behind the man as he tried to focus and realise what else could be in the room. He reached down, quietly opening the window and slipping into the office behind the man at the desk. He even closed the window again, standing up straight behind him.

Blackbird was fast, he always had been. In a flash, he had grabbed the man's revolver and pressed it against the back of his head. He calmly walked around to the side of the man, keeping the firearm pressed against the man's head still. He couldn't tell that there was anything unusual on the desk, but spoke quietly as his bright yellow eyes seemed to bore into the man's soul as he stared at him. "Let's talk."
Back to top Go down
Pinkie

Pinkie

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 10:41 am

Entering the room is silent. Entering the room, the smoke becomes somewhat overwhelming for Blackbird's senses, even if he had vision, there is a haze of it in the air like a thin fog. Too much smoke for one cigar... Grabbing the man's gun, he offers no resistance. In fact, from this proximity, a few extra things can be sensed.

The man is tied to his chair, specifically in a position made to mimic a normal sitting position. Furthermore, his mouth is stapled shut, and he's barely consious, his mouth filled with some sort of cloth. The phone audio skips once, It's a loop. Some faint static is emitted from the phone, the loop cutting out, replaced by a low, gravely voice. "Goodnight." There is a moment of complete focus, and Blackbird hears the sound of a faint, sharp whistling. Thanks to super human reaction speeds Blackbird adjusts himself just enough to dodge the bullet with his name on it, one which scrapes past his mask after breaking through and shattering the window.
Back to top Go down
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 10:56 am

Blackbird
January 16th, 2007
10:12 AM

Motherfucker. Blackbird adjusted his body and head to move away from the bullet as it scraped his mask. The force of it spun him, and he intentionally fell onto his front, listening quietly and feeling everything in focus. The round was .762. Sniper round, someone with resources. Assassin, maybe. Contractor for Made Man as a possibility. He felt the pressure in the area around him, the professional-like shot. He felt the trajectory, and noticed the location that the shot came from. Across the compound. Time to go.

He reacted suddenly and seemingly on instinct as he actually leaped through the window that had just been smashed, falling for a moment before his legs kicked off the wall of the building, pushing him forward as he was pretty sure he felt the rush of a bullet rip past him and miss. He landed on another rooftop, rushing and zig-zagging as he moved from cover to cover. His military training had prepared him for this already, and he kept approaching the sniper position as he tried to feel out the shape of the sniper, what his build was and if he was armed with anything else.

Last edited by BronzyisBad on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pinkie

Pinkie

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 11:11 am

There are no more shots from the position, it seems like one was enough for the would be assassin. His hide is actually outside the compound, a building across the street, an abandoned one. Getting to it involves some extra dexterity, leaping from the rooftop across the street and onto the wall of the adjacent building, then climbing up it to it's roof. Shot came from the fourth floor, top floor of the building. Sensing through the inside, there's burning incense, another smoke cover for the senses, unless this shooter is a monk.

Using the rooftop railing as a hinge to swing downward Blackbird smashes through the window and into the room beyond. It's deathly silent and thin with incense smoke, not enough to really muddy the senses like the cigar smoke, but enough to make things a little fuzzy. On the ground lies a single titanium bullet casing, and aside from that the room seems empty. That is, aside from a very obvious block of soft plastic attached to the wall, fit with a detonator and blinking red light. It emits a soft beeping noise.
Back to top Go down
BronzyisBad

BronzyisBad

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 11:31 am

Blackbird
January 16th, 2007
10:20 AM

Blackbird paused for a moment. That wasn't C4, or any explosive that he knew of. It could be some kind of experimental explosive...but he was confiden in his abilities to get away fast enough if it was detonated. He moved slightly closer, knocking over and trying to get rid of the incense nearby. He didn't really understand how whoever this was knew that he relied on other senses; his goggles made it definitely look like he had eyes, and if they figured out he was blind, that kind of narrowed down who he was, as well.

He kept still, if only to clear his senses and figure out what the hell this was before he got too close. He focused as well to try and sense any movement in the building or around it that was different or more harried; someone running, or perhaps someone moving that was heavier because of gear, or making noise due to it. There had to be something that gave this guy away.
Back to top Go down
Pinkie

Pinkie

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 11:45 am

The plastic does not explode. The beeping ends, and nothing happens. Whatever it is, it's made to look like a bomb. A few moments after the beeping ends, Blackbird senses movement, A black armored figure bursts through a nearby door, a movement Blackbird senses long before it happens. The figure stands 6'2'' and is head to toe armored in rigid ceramic armor, their head covered by a helmet, the front of which is a large tinted black visor. He's carrying an entire arsenal of advanced weapons, two handguns of an unknown make, both remarkably complex, and a large 7.62mm suppressed sniper rifle on his back. He wields one of these pistols in his left hand, and in his right is a long thin machete, which vibrates constantly on a such a high frequency that a normal person would not be able to tell. Immediately he goes for a distraction swing of the machete, readying the sidearm to fire once it has a clear shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackbird: Poison   Blackbird: Poison I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next